Contract: Cheshire East Highways
As a Traffic Engineer you will focus on the effective design and delivery of a portfolio schemes focusing on local traffic and Minor Works including implementation of traffic regulation orders.
- Support Health and Safety, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System and Construction Design Management in a positive and constructive manner
- Work closely with junior members of the team, providing encouragement and engineering mentoring to assist with their development.
- Liaising as required directly with Elected Members, District Councils, and stakeholders and other providers to manage the implementation of allocated programmes of work
?- Identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services
- HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of the Traffic Regulations procedures and implementation of traffic management schemes
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Key Signs and Key Lines
- Good knowledge and experience of the design of highway signage
- Ability to use Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.