Contract: Cheshire East Highways
Ringway Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for Graduate Engineers to join the Design Team in Crewe, Cheshire.
The role will primarily focus on assistance in the initiation, planning and implementation of highway infrastructure related processes and projects. The successful candidate will be enrolled on the company’s approved Graduate Training Scheme and will initially gain experience across various work areas.
- Analyse engineering problems, apply technical expertise and engineering judgment and produce solutions to meet legal and management objectives.
- To provide professional and technical advice in highway engineering
- Identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
- Provide timely and accurate advice to Councillors, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
- Liaising as required directly with Elected Members, District Councils, and stakeholders and other providers to manage the implementation of allocated programmes of work
- Accredited Civil Engineering Degree BEng / BSc 2:2 or above
- Ability to effectively supervise cost and value.
- To manage his / her own time in an effective manner, ensuring appointments are met and reporting requirements met
- An understanding of the importance of technical memoranda, manuals and other technical and design guidance
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills with a proactive solution oriented approach.
- Be dependable and adaptable and have initiative to ensure goals are achieved.
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.