The role of Development Management Senior Engineer is to assist in leading one of the area-based Development Management Teams within the Highways Design Service and acting as deputy to the Team Leader.
- Assist the Engineering Team Leader by forming an integral part in leading the team, deputising as required
- Provide clear and robust management to a team of technicians and apprentices to ensure that staff are clear of their direction, motivated and that productivity is maximised
- Provide technical direction for staff dealing with all aspects of the Development Management
- Manage the programme of Development Management projects within the local team ensuring that they are processed according to standard turnaround times, to the correct specifications and to the right quality.
- To negotiate on the implementation of highway developments on behalf of Essex Highways. This may include developers, local planning authorities, consultants, solicitors, the Department for Transport, and other statutory and non-statutory bodies.
- Instruct Essex Legal Services to undertake work on highways schemes. This could include land negotiations, enforcement issues, the preparation of highway agreements for developments, processing work permits.
- To calculate and manage the Advance Payment Code process outlined in section 219 – 226 of the Highways Act 1980, ensuring monies and/or bonds are secured and released in a timely manner.
- Undertake the development and review of policies, plans, procedures, and practices as required.
- Provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils, and the general public on Development Management matters as required.
- Manage and promote Health and Safety, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System and Construction Design Management
- Demonstrable knowledge of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. Expertise in the Highway Act 1980 and current CDM is required.
- Knowledge and application of budgetary management and control measures
- Knowledge of a wide range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of, and experience in, managing the design and implementation of highway aspects of major development proposals including statutory processes involved with these activities.
- Experience of advising elected Members and influencing local decision makers and other stake holders desirable.
- Dealing with members of the public.
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.