The post holder will be responsible for supervising the construction of various schemes from an annual programme of works within the Essex Highways Construction department.
This could include the following work streams; Major Reconstruction, Surface Water Drainage, Structures, Flood Alleviation, Major Projects, Inlay Surfacing, Surface Treatments, Local Highways schemes, Traffic Signals, Street Lighting, 3rd Party works and other general civils schemes.
- Take responsibility for the supervision of schemes liaising with the Site Agent, team members, internal staff, shareholders, external consultants and Subcontractors as required.
- Ensure all projects comply with Health and Safety legislation and RJ processes and policies,
- Ensure all projects comply with Quality Management standards and RJ processes and policies
- Ensure all projects comply with Environmental legislation and RJ processes and policies
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the works information provided
- NRSWA, SMSTS and CSCS card holder
- Level 4 / HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Full driving licence.
- Experienced supervising construction site works including Carriageway reconstruction, Drainage and Structures ideally
- Confident dealing with contractors, members of the public and other stakeholders on scheme related matters
- Good awareness of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, The Highway Act 1980, Chapter 8, DMRB, MCHW, SHW and CDM 2015.
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.