Cad Technician – Intelligent Transport Systems
Ringway Jacobs are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Cad Technician to join the ITS team in Chelmsford. The successful applicant will have a strong analytical ability and ideally experience in a working design office. The purpose of the role is to prepare design drawings for ITS schemes.
Working with the team leader, senior engineers, engineers and other graduates, the role will see the applicant deliver their work to agreed programmes and budgets. The role requires good communication skills, including written and verbal, which will be essential in the preparation of engineering drawings.
- Undertake the production of 2D technical drawings using specialist CAD software, such as drawings for feasibility, consultation, Traffic Signal Approval, construction (target costing) and as-built drawings.
- Use vehicle tracking software to check highways design layouts.
- Interpret designs/sketches submitted by team members.
- Produce high quality and accurate design drawings.
- Plan and organise CAD work to deliver to programme, tracking progress of CAD work for each scheme.
- Experienced and proficient in the use of Autocad software for the creation of drawings in a highway design environment including bolt on packages KeySIGNALS, KeySIGNS, KeyLINES, AutoTRACK.
- Conversant with digital electronic mapping and topographical surveys and ability to interrogate 3D topographical models.
- Experience and proficiency in using AutoCad in a Highway Design environment.
- Valid UK Driving Licence due to occasional site visits
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.