Contract: Transport for Buckinghamshire
Ringway Jacobs are a leading highways service provider, working with local Authorities across the United Kingdom. We work collaboratively with our clients to plan, programme and deliver highly efficient services that benefit the local communities which we serve.
Our partnership with Buckinghamshire Council started in 2009 and we are still supporting Transport for Buckinghamshire as part of the new unitary authority. Buckinghamshire is a county of mixed and vibrant environments; the vast and beautiful Aylesbury Vale in the north neighbours the bustling Wycombe and Chiltern areas, where the M25 meets the M40 and commuters enjoy easy access to the Metropolitan tube line. Connecting everything is the highway network; the County’s largest asset and it is Transport for Buckinghamshire’s responsibility to keep it safe and serviceable for all
- Manage and monitor the processes enabling the effective implementation of the Buckinghamshire Permit scheme
- Manage and monitor all Licences, Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTRO) Filming, Events, Compliance and East West Rail.
- Respond to routine enquiries from Utilities, contractors, and the general public in connection with the Permit Scheme and other New Roads Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA 1991) and Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA 2004) issues. Liaise with Team Members and Works promoters to resolve any invoice / charge enquiries and disputes.
- Maintain the Street Works Register and participate in all routine office activities under the direction of the Team Leader as required.
- Assist with the input of text and data for a variety of purposes and to maintain specific record systems and carry out associated tasks as required
- To contribute with positive and proactive communications to Members, staff, interested parties and the wider public for all matters associated with NRSWA, Highways Act 1980, Road Traffic Act 1984.
- A level, HNC educated, or equivalent experience including GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Excellent self-organisation and administration skills
- Knowledge of NRSWA, TMA and other relevant transport legislation
- Proven communication skills
- Understanding of sensitivities when responding to local politicians and key stakeholders
- Good geographical knowledge of local area and the Buckinghamshire road network.
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Sick Pay
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.