Reporting directly to the Definitive Map & Records Officer the role involves assisting in providing a first class service to our customers, delivering a professional Highway Record support and ensuring that the tasks of delivering the vision and priorities of the Essex Highways are met.
Liaising as required with Elected Members, District Councils, and strategic partners and other providers, the role is to assist with the implementation of the Highway Record service area in accordance with the strategies and policies of the County Council.
Responsible for public enquiries relating to Highway Records, answering complex enquires from members of the public, Solicitors, developers and land agents as related to either the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way or other Highway Records. Assessing Planning Applications for Public Rights of Way or other Highway Record implications. Representing the County Council at Public Inquiry or in other legal process.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on Highway Records matters as required.
- To contribute to the teams performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
- To be responsible for providing training, advice and support to less experienced team members to answer records enquiries.
- To develop and deliver training for new starters and support the provision of Highway Records services to third parties
- To be responsible for answering complex enquiries relating to the Highway Records, including the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way where appropriate, particularly in relation to Public Path Orders, Planning applications and policy matters as well as highway boundary extent / status.
- To co-ordinate all information relating to the status and extent of the highway, including advising of legislative changes and case law. Implementing any of those changes as required and updating the Highway Records to reflect changes accordingly.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Member of appropriate professional institute or body is desirable, not essential.
- Experience on a broad range of work in highways, or in general legal work.
- Knowledge of Legal Orders and experience in basic Legal work.
- High Standard of map reading and familiarity with plans.
- Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities. Manages own performance and seeks feedback to improve where identified.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications– Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail.
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Sick Pay
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.