Technical Assistant - Highway Records
Reporting directly to the Definitive Map and Records Officer the role involves assisting in providing a first class service to our customers for Highway Records within the Definitive Map and Records team. Undertake work to support the Records or Definitive Map Officers in answering enquiries from members of the public, solicitors, developers and land agents as related to either the Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way or other Highway Records; This can include undertaking research from both current and historic sources to produce composite plans and associated information.
- Liaising as required with team members, the role includes use of appropriate software and systems to assist with the collection, input and management of data and information to allow research, reporting/ presentation and monitoring of work relevant to an operational or service area in accordance with the strategies and policies of Essex Highways.
- To provide timely and accurate data and information on highway related matters, in accordance with national standards/ guidelines, as required to assist with answering enquiries relating to the Highway Record or Definitive Map, particularly in relation to Public Path Orders, Planning applications and policy matters.
- To contribute to the teams performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
- To attend site visits as required, for marking of highway boundary information and Public Rights of Way on the ground, as required.
- GCSE level education or equivalent qualification, or experience in working in highways.
- Understanding of Highway Legislation, relevant procedures and standards and good practice or in general legal work would be preferable
- Understanding and application of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Driving license essential
- Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities. Manages own performance and seeks feedback to improve where identified.
- Map reading and familiarity with plans would be preferable
- Conversant in Microsoft Office applications, some experience of GIS Mapping software would be preferable
At Ringway Jacobs we recognise that our people make the difference, and in order to do what we do well, particular care is taken in nurturing and investing in our people. That’s why you will always be given the opportunity to utilise your expertise and develop your career.
We also recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements across many of our roles. Please call our recruitment team to discuss what this may look like for you.
In return for your hard work you will receive:
- Sick Pay
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days extra leave
- A variety of discounts through our “RJ Rewards” app, including restaurants, holidays, days out etc
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 10,000 miles of footway, almost 7,800 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all our employees.
If you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the “Apply Now” button. This will take you to a login page, where you will need to create an account to continue your application. Once you have created an account you will be able to see where your application is up to and apply for other opportunities within Ringway Jacobs.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.